Monday, August 22, 2011

Finally decided to cut my hair!

I've not cut my hair in years... since my school days. It's grown to my waist line and since my hair has some natural curls in it, it may not look as long. OK, this post came a little late as you can see from my birthday posting, my hair was already cut! So this event was really just the weekend before my birthday!

I remember when I first came to Singapore and found that it was so difficult to up keep my long hair. The weather was hot and humid and shampoo was expensive in Singapore, compared to back home. I go through a bottle of shampoo bottle quite quickly with my long hair. There was once I wanted to get it cut and went to a local salon to check the price. I walked out almost immediately as a hair cut cost more than SGD40 here.... and with wash and blow etc... it is even more! How could I even afford this?

Recently I got to know a local Chinese friend who works in a salon through my friend in Punggol, Wen Wen. He said he will cut my hair and straighten it for a much lower sum than the salon charges. Sounds like a good deal!

I made arrangements to have my hair done last weekend before Singapore's National Day. My friend brought his tools of the trade and we finally set about cutting my hair! I was a little apprehensive as to how it will turn out, but then... I think it will be worth the effort as I will feel cooler and it will be less costly to maintan!

So here is the outcome! Finally, I am outfitted to conquer the hot weather in Singapore! Not quite short but still, a lot shorter than before!




Share

1 comment:

  1. A classical example of 'Chinese Beauty'! 真是天上有, 地上无!

    ReplyDelete