Thursday, August 25, 2011

Will you help me to make this blog more popular?

There were a few reasons for me to want to put my thoughts on the internet. Firstly, I would like to keep a record of my adventures, as if it is a diary. Secondly, my friends, both here and at home, can read and enjoy our adventures here. Thirdly, I just want people all over (and particularly in Singapore) to know the real life of a migrant worker, including the sufferings and joy we go through.

Last but not least, I was also attracted to the idea that I may be able to make some money out of this whole exercise. Not something I can depend on, but at least something.

I think I'm pretty happy with 1. and 2. but I am not sure about 3. and 4. As for 3. you'd have to tell me if you enjoy and learn something about the life of a migrant worker from China. Interestingly, when I first intended to write this blog, I had lots of unpleasant stories to tell. However, the more I write, the more they became like pleasant stories and the unpleasant ones just starts to fade away. I get encouraged by positive reader's comments and I made many new friends too.

Finally, the truth about 4 is that I had not been making much. To date, it's rather pathetic as you can see.

If you like what you are reading, will you help me increase the popularity of this blog by sending out the web address, http://www.chinalass.blogspot.com/ to 5 friends each, create a link in your own blog, or like my post on your facebook? Also, you can help me make some money if you browse some of the ads on my blog if you find it interesting.

I thank you in advance for your help.

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps, you could increase & enhance the frequency, variety & contents of your blog postings and the income revenue through the ads will more than double for you. I enjoy reading your blog and your sincerity; its your ordinary day-to-day life experiences, past and present, your aspirations, your hope and your perspectives of living and working abroad that attract people to your blog. Better still, consider writing a book on your an experience as a migrant worker, how you overcome the odds and challenges before you achieve some degree of success. I'm sure it'll sell like hot cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I strongly second 2livetoday's thoughts. Do check out this blog www.xiaxue.blogspot.com for some pointers. She is the most popular local blogger and is raking in pretty substantial income every month. You can also include in a Chinese entry for the Chinese speaking readers. I am sure many migrant workers and your fellow countrymen back home will be keen to know how you are faring in Singapore. This can also act as a guide for aspiring migrant workers looking to work here. 博客 and 微博 are real hot in China right now. Your blog will take off and spread like wildfire if it is an interesting enough read for people out there. Now that you have a netbook, go check out blogs both here and in China during your free time. If the particular blog has good hits, email the blogger to exchange links. Have faith and believe in yourself... You can go that extra mile... We are all rooting for you... Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete