Sunday, May 1, 2011

Moving in!

I told my current landlord that I will be moving. He was rather disappointed but he wished me well anyway. He knows we'll remain friends and anyway, the new place I am moving to is just a 5mins walk away.

I had my stuff all packed since Thursday, anticipating the move. Today (Saturday) is the start of the move. Unfortunately, I have to work today for half a day (actually more like a full day) at the new HSA canteen at the Singapore General Hospital (another article on this later).

Moving wasn't easy as I we had 2 big luggages and a couple of smaller ones. As I don't have a car, I had to lug the luggages all the way from by current place to the new place, about 300m away and I had to cross one major road. I had to make about 5 trips to move everything! Fortunately, one of my new friends, (the new lady who was crying the other day) had not started working yet and volunteered to help me. She was bored at home... so I was very appreciative of her help too.

The landlord was quite nice. He bought a new clock, new curtains and even a poster for me to put in the room. Although I was very busy with my own packing, I managed to put up the curtain, the clock and the poster.

It's definitely one of the toughest weekends I had here. In the past, I had move from one place to the next before but then, I had less stuff. Also becase the places are further apart, I took a taxi, which means minimal lugging and walking. This time, it was all footwork. But come to think of it, it's good exercise! Maybe I can skip my jogging for a few days!

2 comments:

  1. 嗨Li Jing, 恭喜了。我觉得花多90块是值得的,现在应该比较有“家”的感觉。钱是能赚回来的,过得舒服较重要。以后也可以考虑多找一个好朋友同住,可以省一些钱。

    ReplyDelete
  2. 谢谢 Bee Yong!有时间要来看我啊!我请你喝茶!哈哈!

    ReplyDelete