Monday, May 9, 2011

My sister is changing work location too!

One evening, my sister came home and complained to me that she had a tiff with her Singaporean colleague. At her work place, they are paid commission based on how much each individual sells. When you attend to a customer, you ring up the bill and you get paid the commission. My sister said that a few times, when she made a sale, her Singaporean colleague will rush to ring up the bill, so she gets the commission instead. My sister got really upset too because they called her, "大路妹"! I told her that phrase don't mean much as long as she don't attach a stereotype meaning to it!

I am aware that I am only listening only to her side of the story... so I shall not make any comments. However, I did tell my sister about my early experience with some local workers too. Many local workers tend to treat us Chinese workers as if we are a big threat to them or their jobs. The truth is, we are here to earn a living, and are willing to work really, really hard to make ends meet too!

Anyway, my sister requested for a change of location from her boss and ever since, she had been posted to Yishun North Point for a couple of weeks and then to Serangoon NEX shopping center till now. She seems to enjoy the change of environment better, as it gives her a chance to experience different parts of Singapore. I told her she is seeing more of Singapore than I ever did, despite me staying here almost three years already!

I had the opportunity to visit her on a few Saturdays when she was working, just to make sure she is OK. Most times, she is so happy to see me. I even bought her a soft toy which she likes alot at NEX. It cost me a lot (SGD69) but I will do anything just to keep her happy. I made a promise to my mother to look after my sister really, really well... and I intend to keep that promise!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sis is lucky to have you as big sister. But, honestly, SGD69 is a lot to pay for a soft toy. What to do, this is love...

    ReplyDelete