Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My first Hongbaos!

I'm so excited!

Yesterday, a customer came by and gave me a Hongbao (red packet). Not that I have not received Hongbao's before on Chinese New Year, but it's always nice to receive the first one. Isn't it funny how we do the same thing every year and yet we get excited over it. And being so far away from home, and not being able to go home (like my Malaysians colleague), receiving a Hongbao in Singapore makes it all the more special.

Today I got two more, even though it is just half a days work. I really love working here. The people are all wonderful, colleagues and customers alike. Today was a super busy day even though it's only half a day. Somehow, everyone wants to drink coffee and I had to make more than 500 cups of coffee this morning. My hands are sore, my arms are sore... but it was still loads of fun!

Hmm..., I wonder if my boss will be giving us any Hongbao's this year. He did give us in the first year but in the second, he did not. Maybe it was 2010 and after going through a rough and tough 2009, he must also be feeling the pinch. Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed!

早早向你拜个年
新春到来又一年
食物丰富吃得甜
身体健康是本钱
幸福家庭好团圆
爱情顺利桃花园
欢欢乐乐迎新年
祝你兔年赚大钱

3 comments: