Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Learning English!

Some of my readers (particularly Urich), has been very helpful to me by letting me in on some of the places where I can learn English. However, I never did have the time to go check them out, much as I wanted to. Recently, one of my working colleague told me to check out the local Community Center as they tend to be cheaper and that was what I did on Saturday.

My first task was to find the nearest Community Center and I had to ask around quite a bit for that, not knowing there is one, just about 500m away. A nice lady pointed this out to me and I made my way there to ask if they have any basic English classes available. Well it turned out that they do... so I was rather elated. However, after some further checks, I realized that the class had already started at the end of Jan and they had already finished 2 classes which means that there is no way for me to catch up, even though they allowed me to join the class mid-way through. The next class starts in May, and I decided I must sign up for this one. However, registration is not opened yet, so I have to wait at least one more month or so.

I decided to look at some of the other classes available and chance upon some Aerobics and Yoga classes. I had heard about Yoga but had never tried it. I hear it's really tough... and good exercise for the body. I was quite interested and so inquired more. For whatever reason, I do not know, I decided to sign up for it even though it cost $65 for 10 sessions and the next class starts on the 24 February. Maybe it was my disappointment in not being able to sign up for the English class immediately that caused me to part with my hard-earned money. Somehow, I just wanted to start learning something quick, rather than wait till May to start my English class.

Was there buyer's remorse after I got home?

I don't know... but I do feel the pain of losing $65 just in a few minutes! I've never been so extravagant! Hmm... maybe I was letting my emotions get in the way when I was deciding what to do from now till May when the English class will start. Well, I will decide if I regret after my first Yoga class...

I just felt I needed to get some flexibility into my body, as jogging is making me a little stiff...

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the delay in signing up for your English classes :(
    Hope things go well with the yoga :)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 对 跑太多对你的脚很不好
    我也跑
    yoga 不错 可以帮助
    65 满划算 ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Li Jing,

    我想赞助你的Yoga class (10 sessions),应该把支票寄到你公司吗?地址是什么?收款人写 Li Jing 吗?

    希望你继续加油,梦想早日成真!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 谢谢 Bee Yong! 我非常感谢你的好意!花这钱是我的错!我不能拿你的钱啊!我现在还可以。。。 谢谢!谢谢!真的谢谢你!当我需要帮助,我会快喊的!谢谢你!谢谢你!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Li Jing,

    那我包一个新年红包给你总可以吧?给我一个方便我寄信的地址,或是银行转账号码也行。

    我是很欣赏你的乐观和毅力的。

    Regards,
    Bee Yong

    ReplyDelete
  6. 好的!哈哈!下次你遇见我,才给我好了!如果您寄给我,我永远不会收到的!我家太多人了!谢谢 Bee Yong!我真的非常感谢你的好意!

    ReplyDelete