Sunday, August 22, 2010

Transfering to Chai Chee.

OK, now that I'm at work in Singapore and after 3 days, things are starting to get back to normal, I can start updating on my previous work experience in Singapore again.

5 months into my job while still at Tanjung Pagar, my boss told me that he needs me to help out in his Chai Chee foodcourt as somebody had just left and he was shorthanded. I was initially taken aback as I had just moved from Joo Chiat to Tanjung Pagar for barely 2 months to save on transport and time and now I have to go the other way.

"I'm almost as good as a nomad, or Gipsy... going where the wind blows!"

But I remembered someone once said to me, "When life throws you a lemon, make lemonade!" and so with this, I answer, "Sure, anything I can do to help, I will!" But at the back of my mind, it's the thought of having to make that long journey back to the East and this will easily cost me an additional $3-$4 per day.

Anyway, I had to go. I guess my boss was just being nice and courteous to ask me if I can help out. He could have just said, "You have to move to Chai Chee!". I appreciate the respect and courtesy anyway.

So the next morning, I started work at Chai Chee, and started learning the process all over again... meeting new colleagues and friends. Interestingly, I kind of liked Chai Chee after the first day. It was not as busy as Tanjung Pagar and somehow, the environment seems better. Hmmm.... I decided I was going to ask my boss if this was permanent so that I can find a place to stay in the East. I'm almost as good as a nomad, or Gipsy... going where the wind blows!

Here is a picture of my workplace in Chai Chee... taken with my handphone, so it's not so clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment