Sunday, August 29, 2010

Moving back to the East!


After a week working at Chai Chee Technopark, I kind of got used to it and kind of liked the new environment. However, the travel from Tanjung Pagar to Chai Chee was killing me... an hour and thirty minutes each way. I had to look for a new home... and fast too... otherwise, it was eating into my pocket too quickly.

I asked another Chinese colleague about where I could start looking for a new place and she suggested looking at bus stops. Many Chinese migrants working in Singapore put up notices at bus stops to look for room mates and that will be the cheapest way to go. So one evening, I decided to visit a few bus stops in Chai Chee and Bedok to pick up some numbers to call. In the next couple of days, I managed to find a place in Bedok Central charging SGD210 per month for bed space with 6 to a room... not too bad I thought. I immediately made an appointment to go take a look at it after work.

Well, the place was kind of a disappointment, dirty, cramp but the location was great! It's right next to the Bedok MRT and bus stop, there are two supermarkets nearby and a food center and a library too. I decided that I cannot ask for too much with the small budget I had, so it's either a nice place or a good location. I decided to go for it! Come to think of it, I even had a small TV in my room for all the room mates to watch... a little luxury helps alot!

"In a period of about 7 months, I have already moved 3 locations... "

Next day, I told my landlord from Tanjung Pagar that I was moving out and lugged my luggage to work. Thank goodness, I don't have many belongings or moving would have been a big headache. Sometimes it pays to travel light. So, in a period of about 7 months, I have already moved 3 locations... is there more to come??? Ha ha! After just more than half a year in Singapore, I am ready for anything that comes my way! Nothing is a surprise anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment