Thursday, August 19, 2010

I'm here!

Finally, after a long flight that lasted almost 12 hours including transit and delays, I am finally in Singapore. I started the day at 5am when my mum and I boarded a taxi to Shenyang airport. Got there at 7am and checked in before my mother left. It was hard for my mother to see that I have to leave again after a 2 months stay. And now, there is even a possibility my sister may come... which means she is going to miss both daughters! I could see the tears welling in her eyes as I consoled her and tell her that I have to earn some money for the family.

I finally boarded the plane at about 9.30am and got to Beijing at about noon. Following a 3hour transit which was further delayed another hour plus due to heavy rain, I finally boarded the plane at Beijing to Singapore at just past 4pm.

I finally arrived at 10.30pm at night and when I got out of the airport, it was 11.15pm. My agent who was suppose to pick me was again no where in sight. How is it that agents are always late? Or is this just part of the local culture?

I went to the local convenience store to get a phone card so that I can call him. It cost me RMB80+ or about SGD26. When I got through to him (the agent), all he can say was, "Oh you are here. I'll will come fetch you now". No apologies or remorse. Finally he arrived at about 30mins past midnight. By then, I almost collapse of starvation.

"Again he is late..."
Here is a picture of me taken at Bedok where I've decided to stay, just this morning while again waiting for the agent to come pick me up for a Medical check-up. Again, he is late...

I will update on my workplace once everything is firm...

5 comments:

  1. wishing you good luck in your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 谢谢kwangchiang... thank you for reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost everyday , try to read your daily life blog. keep up the good spirit in life .

    ReplyDelete
  5. 谢谢kwangchiang,我很开心听到你喜欢读我的故事!Thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete