Friday, August 27, 2010

My duck eggs hatched!

A few weeks just before I came back to Singapore in August 2010, our batch of duck eggs hatched and we had a bevy of beautiful little ducklings. I'm not sure any of my readers had actually experienced ducks hatching right in your own home but this is quite exciting to watch and experience. In fact, sometimes the anticipation can be quite an adrenalin rush. You're never sure what you are going to get... an ugly duckling perhaps?

In fact, sometimes it calls for celebration as it means that we are going to have more ducks, either to sell, eat, or keep for more eggs in the future. Regardless of how you look at it, when eggs hatch, it always means something good is coming along!

One of my Singapore colleagues used to tell me that a long, long time ago (she's about 55 now), she used to keep ducks and chickens at home when she was a kid. However, due to industrialization, the new generations of Singaporeans will not get many chances of such an experience as I just had ie a new batch of ducklings. Well, to the "less fortunate", I'm sharing this with you. Enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment