Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Medical Check-up!

It's almost a year since I came back to Singapore. How time flies! Every year, we have to go for a medical check-up. Mine was just done abut a month ago and I had it done at the clinic at Bedok Central. We had to do a blood test, urine test and a few other check-ups. Quite a simple test actually. We also have to wait a week for the results.I collected my results about a month back and everything was fine.

I handed the result slip to my boss who told me that he will send it to MOM. However, somehow or other, he forgot and got a warning letter from MOM. He told me that if he is late, I may lose my permit and have to be deported. I was afraid. I was questioning this as it seems quite unfair that a worker is deported because the management forgot to send in the Medical result slip???

Anyway, my boss handed me an envelop to send, which I promptly did. Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed that nothing bad will come out of it. I cannot imagine being out of a job again when I have not even worked a year. I also cannot imagine leaving my sister her to fend for herself. I promised my mother that I will look after her... and I intend to keep my promise.

3 comments:

  1. Your boss is quite careless. You could have it delivered to MOM by hand or through a courier service instead of by post since this is an important document and moreover it is already delayed. Although, the postal service in Singapore is generally quite reliable, there is still a possibility that the letter with the document may be lost!! I don't mean to scare you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry but few would have any sympathy left for you and yours and those like you . Your compatriots have come here and indirectly and even directly help to cause our problems here in Singapore to multipy. Read the news about how one of your compatriots attacked an SMRT officer doing his job . Read also how your compatriots forced a bus company to arrange for a taxi to send them home after they hijacked it for hours. I know you are here to make a living only but because you are viewed as cheap and vulnerable, don’t complain about it when we who are born and bred here are being made to accept the same lowly wages as you. If you have righteousness in your heart stand up for yourself back home against the Chinese Communist Party and change your country so that your people can have a better living standard there. Don’t come here and end up turning Singapore into your 23th province here instead, and make it equally as downtrodden as your country

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeeloong, I feel sorry for you. It is easy to point the finger at someone when we fail but that will not do us any good. Instead use the effort to better yourself instead of whinning!

    ReplyDelete