Saturday, June 5, 2010

Finally... my passport... Singapore I'm coming!

The first thing I did after getting the necessary documents from the Agent was to go apply for my passport. It's the only document standing between me and Singapore... in fact, with it, I could go anywhere I want. Wow! Not that I have the money to do it, but the thought that I can, just because I have this little book, amazes me!

About 2 weeks after my application, I received a letter to say that my passport is ready and I can go ahead to collect it. I had to take a 2 hour bus to collect but then, I don't even care. Now I just want my passport! My ticket to freedom! The 2 hour bus journey to Shenyang felt like 2 days... the more excited I got, the slower time seemed to pass. Well, there isn't much I could do other than sleep the 2 hours to Shenyang. I closed my eyes, but my mind wasn't ready to settle down. Every "gear" in my body was running full speed... sleeping was just not possible. I decided to look out the window to enjoy the scenery as the green of the countryside slowly turned to a more grayish concrete jungle as we approached Shenyang.

It took me a while to be in the queue to get my passport but it was worth it. Once I got it, I kept flipping the pages, expecting to see lots of important notes and documents but all I see were empty pages. The only page that makes me sure I got the correct document was the one with my picture on it.

I rushed home to show off my new passport. Unsure as I am, I was still happy that I now have the document necessary to take me to almost any country I want (I did not realize back then that I needed a visa for most countries).

I called the agent to tell him that I got my passport and he then told me to be ready to leave in about 2 weeks once he gets the air tickets and other travel documents settled.

The next day, I went out an bought a nice looking pink trolley case... at a reasonable 100RMB. This is going to be my travel companion. I started writing down a list of items I have to pack. The agent gave me one as well but I was quite sure mine will be more complete. Medicine, shoes, clothes, make-up....

Singapore, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment